Some javascript functions don't work in some languages

Ceux qui souhaitent signaler des erreurs éventuelles du logiciel sont les bienvenus ici (soyez précis svp !).
brugent62

Some javascript functions don't work in some languages

Post by brugent62 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:00 am

Hello everybody.

First of all, thank you for such a beautiful program.

I'm italian, and not so smart in writing in French (I can read it at 90%), so I apologize for writing in English.
I'm using CaRMetal (version 3.8.3), and I started some days ago making javascript routines, which is a language I know, to simplify most difficult passages.

I noticed that some primitive graphic functions as Point, Circle, Line and so on work perfectly setting CarMetal in Italian or in English, while others like Perpendicular, Parallel, Intersection, and, for what I could see, all functions having as arguments objects which are not points, don't work at all.

If I switch in French, even only for the time of execution of javascript program, everything is working, but executing javascript programs, while CaRMetal is set in English or Italian (I didn't test other languages, sorry...) causes functions like Perpendicular not to work.
CaRMetal doesn't give back errors, only perpendicular lines are not traced, and I don't find them in the list of objects produced by the program, of course corrupting or not tracing every subsequent object which rely on them.

I don't know if this is a known issue, I searched the Forum but most messages are even 4 years old, so maybe they are referring to an older version of the program.

Maybe it could be an internal translation problem... I know that CaRMetal works on the original implementation of CaR, and I saw in every example I found in Internet, that CaR scripts use only functions like Point or Line or Circle...
I suspect, at this time, that more complex functions like Parallel or Perpendicular are internally translated in some way in CaR scripts, and as the original program is in French, so maybe this "translation" is working well only when the whole of CaRMetal is set in that language.

Thanking you again, I hope development on CaRMetal won't stop.
Bruno

patrice64
Site Admin

Re: Some javascript functions don't work in some languages

Post by patrice64 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello Bruno,

Welcome on this forum and thank you for your message.
We took note of the problem, sorry for the delay, our developpers have been busy these days...

I think the problem has been solved in the new 3.8.7 version :

http://carmetal.org/index.php/fr/telecharger

(A Linux version will come soon.)

Hope this will work correctly for you.
If not please let us know.

Good evening.

- Patrice

brugent62

Re: Some javascript functions don't work in some languages

Post by brugent62 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello Patrice.

Thank you, I downloaded 3.8.7 version and now every javascript object is drawn perfectly setting both english or italian.

Thank you again,
Bruno